Thursday, December 25, 2014

"...have you room for Him?"



'Well, says one, 'I have room for him, but I am not worthy that he should come to me.'
Ah! I did not ask about worthiness, have you room for Him?
      _________________

'Oh! but I feel it is a place not at all fit for Christ!'
Nor was the manger a place fit for him, and yet there was he laid.
     _________________

'Oh! but I have been such a sinner; I feel as if my heart had been a den of beast and devils!'
Well, the manger had been a place where beasts had fed. Have you room for him?
   _________________

Never mind what the past has been; He can forget and FORGIVE. It matters not what even the present state may be if you mourn it. If you have but room for Christ he will come and be your guest.    _________________

Charles Haddon Spurgeon
(1834-1892)

"And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn." Luke 2:7

No comments: